Senior Formulation Technician
You’re highly technically competent, extremely efficient and incredibly focused – we know; that’s the profile of every Senior Formulation Technician out there.
But that’s the type of Senior Formulation Tech that everybody else wants.
We want someone better than the average. We want the type that is:
- Tough enough to bend without breaking
- Truly innovative, genuinely creative, and absolutely organized
- Able to assimilate, formulate and communicate complex ideas succinctly
- Capable of turning difficult projects into market-leading formulations
- Used to work well under pressure and also within a team
Are you the one? Do you have an EU working permit currently?
Then, check this position with ample opportunities for growth.
What about experience and requirements?
- You have a degree in Health Sciences
- You also have 4+ years in dermocosmetic product formulation, preferably in skincare and especially in solar protection. Haircare would also be considered and deodorants would be a plus.
- You also have significant experience in raw materials inspection as well as the analysis of technical documentation.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
You will have at least one person who reports to you and in turn you would report to the Project Specialist leading the team.
Specific duties (both in the lab and in the office) include but may not be limited to:
- Developing the formulation of new products and selecting the components of said formulations.
- Assist with managing the bench team in diverse projects.
- Assist in implementing the Quality Policy in coordination with Quality Assurance for the clinical laboratory.
- Carry out accelerated stability and compatibility studies in collaboration with Primary Packaging.
- Propose product specifications to Analytical Development.
- Assist with product scale-up during manufacture if necessary.
- Participate in the creation of technical documentation for the Registry.
- A high or native level of Spanish is required, and ideally this would be accompanied by a high level of English.
- Ideally, you’re an EU citizen, and you like the schedule of 4 days on-site and one-day remote work.
- Also, you likely want to be exposed to an international environment, working in many different projects in paralel.
- This is a great opportunity to keep learning continuously and eventually promote either vertically (new products) or vertically (becoming a formulation specialist)!
- Besides having a flexible entry time, on Fridays we finish early so you can enjoy more of your weekend. Nice idea, right?
What about those ample opportunities for growth we mentioned earlier?
We have grown consistently over the past several years (indeed, we have enjoyed double-digit growth for the last seven of them) and we have recently undergone a 30% increase in size. This has meant that we have developed a solid business structure that has paid dividends- all built on a strategy of innovation and carefully picking our projects. As a consequence of our consistent growth, we can offer excellent perspectives for personal growth and promotion.
Depending on performance and expressed preferences, you may be given the opportunity to specialize in different product areas. If you do consistently well at beating our expectations, then more senior roles may be waiting for you.
We also offer medical insurance, restaurant card, some flexibility in working hours, 31 days of paid holiday, and social activities e.g. yoga, pilates and others.
“Talento Científico” is a consulting agency specialised in PhDs and STEM professionals. We work with CEOs, COOs, and managers of medium sized companies & start-ups in the areas of biotech and agrifoods, which are searching for highly-qualified employees. We help them to reduce risks in their innovation & research projects recruiting and selecting the best scientific talent in as little time as possible. Contact us for further information.